If you have rock climbing shoe, its utilities might not be new to you. We all know how important it is to have a pair of rock climbing shoes to keep your passion alive. But it is tougher to maintain clean rock climbing shoes as they are mostly exposed to dust and dirt. Bad odor can also be created for sweat and that may result in germs and diseases. These dirty shoes can be a great hindrance to your climbing as it can slip and can cause accidents.
How To Clean Rock Climbing Shoes – A Step by Step Guide
We use these climbing shoes for working-out as well, which means they are used regularly. It becomes even more difficult to maintain the shoe’s well-being if it is used on a regular basis.
But do not worry; we are here to help you deal with cleaning your shoes in the most suitable ways. We have included here some instructions to clean rock climbing shoes. These instructions are as follows:
Cleaning in lukewarm water
The first and the foremost way to clean rock climbing shoes are cleaning it in lukewarm water with a wire brush or toothbrush. After cleaning, you can soak the water through newspaper or towel or simply put the shoe under a fan. Do not keep it under heat as it can hamper the rubber sole.
Washing in machine
You can wash the shoe as well and even can risk washing the shoe in a machine. But you should keep it in my mind that you can do either of them only with synthetic climbing shoes and do not even try washing leather shoes. In this case, you can only use mild detergent or soap.
Drying up your shoe
In order to have an odor free shoe you should never put on a shoe that is not dried up yet. After you finish climbing, put the shoes off immediately and air dry it to get rid of all sweat and smell. If you have any urgency you can dry it using a hair dryer. You can spread baking soda if the smell still remains after drying. You can also take some preventive measures to get rid of this hassle in the first place.
These are few ways to keep your rock climbing shoes neat, clean and hygienic. But this is not enough as we have also attached some preventive steps you can take to save your shoes from being contaminated. After all, precaution is better than cure. These measures are:
- Always keep your feet fresh while wearing a rock climbing shoe.
- Carry a shoe bag with you to keep the shoes when you are not using them.
- Do not walk with barefoot before putting on shoes.
- Carry a damp cloth to clean the shoe on spot and make sure to dry it avoiding UV rays that comes from
- Use coarse sandpapers if you think that the rubber sole has lost its grip.
- Your climbing techniques and footwork can safeguard the shoe as well.
- Bring a tarp to keep shoes and bare feet off the soil.
- Keep your shoes away from hot temperature.
- Last but not the least, use deodorizing powders or sprays for preventing bad smells.
We believe these tips and tricks are sufficient to clean rock climbing shoes. We hope a dirty shoe would not arise as trouble in achieving your desires but let you have the best climbing experience of your life.